South Tampa: 813-570-6887
North Tampa: 813-374-2290
(Most patients DO NOT require any sedation)
Night before treatment appointment
- Have a normal dinner
- Take prescribed dose of Diazepam (Valium) before bedtime. (must be taken with food)
- No solid food or drink after midnight
Morning of sedation treatment appointment
- No solid food or drink (no breakfast) – unless you are diabetic.
- Take maintenance medication if necessary (with minimal amount of water)
- Bring second prescription with you to appointment, Triazolam prescription (Halcion).
- You will need a ride to the appointment – no driving.
- Arrive to appointment at on time please.
- You will be ready to leave about an hour after appointment time.
- You must have a driver.
- Someone will stay with you until approximately 6:00pm that evening.
After treatment at home
- Drink plenty of fluids. (Water and Gatorade are great!)
- Eat a normal light lunch and dinner.
- Try not to sleep during the day. This will disrupt your normal sleeping patterns. Try to sleep at your normal hour that evening.
- Take Tylenol 1000mg or Advil 800mg Every 6 hours if needed for pain.
- Do not take Narcotic prescription pain medications until the following day.
- No driving until 9:00 am the following day.
- You will need someone to stay with you until around 6:00pm or until the sedation effects have subsided.
- Return to our office for any post-operative appointments.
- Contact us if you have any questions or concerns.